Search this blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Shrikhand

#Shrikand : Last time when I went to Mumbai I had a chance to relish a Gujarath thali in a famous restaurant. In the end the waiter asked whether I would like to have Ice cream or Shrikhand. I opted for Shrikhand. I used to take curd with sugar and rose essence mixture after lunch at home. That Shrikahand had the same taste but the texture was just like an ice cream. I learned that it is made with hung curd. So I decided to try it out. Let us see how I prepared.

Shrikand

Ingredients :
Curd                                      : 1/2 Cup
Rose Essence                         : 1 drop
Sugar Powder                        : 1 Tbsp
Saffron strands                       : 4 to 6

To Decorate :
Pineapple pieces and Pomegranate.

Method :
Strain fresh curd through a tea filter or muslin cloth.
Keep inside the fridge to avoid becoming sour.
Allow to completely drain out excess water.


Then take out the hung curd and transfer into a small cup.
Add rose essence, saffron strands and sugar.
Mix well with a spoon and decorate with pineapple pieces and pomegranate pearls.

Shrikand

Enjoy after a good meal.





You might also like to try

rasagulla
rasagulla
Dulce de leche [ Milk candy ]
milk candy
Instant Doodh Peda
Instant peda
Molded Chocolate
dark chocolate
aval kesari
aval kesari
cocoa chocolate
cocoa chocolate

For other sweet recipes

Sweet

For other Desserts

Desserts

For other recipes

Recipe Index




No comments:

Post a Comment